Friday, October 9, 2009

Thoughts, Week 6

This week we added the Budget section and the Testing and Evaluation section to our proposals. I liked creating the budget. It wasn't too hard, since we had previous examples to use, and it was fun to see how much a project like this would really cost. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, or at least that I'm going to be.

The budget section still feels a bit short, even though I added in more resources as our instructor suggested. I hadn't thought of things like a computer to use Adobe Dreamweaver, or a testing server. As I found out when I presented, we will have testing servers available to us. It's amazing how many resources students have access to. We can use all the Adobe software for free in the labs, and some labs even have top-end programs like Maya. That costs thousands of dollars usually, but it's all provided by the school. I think CSUMB gets some good deals on it too, but still.

I took some time to add section headers to the early sections of my proposal, and it looks a bit better now, I think. I still haven't done the research I need to about other projects. I should've found time by now, but between work for my other classes and time at my Service Learning site, I haven't.

No comments: